Sunday, April 1, 2012


                                                 A Little bit about myself
      Hello my name is Georgia O'keeffe. They say I am one of America's best woman artists. I was born is Sun Prairie, Wisconsin in 1887. I always knew I was going to be an artist and went to collage to study art in Chicago and soon found my way to New York City. I spent a few years teaching but found I wanted to paint full time. Things really took off when I met Alfred Stieglitz who is a very wonderful photographer and gallery owner said,"At last a woman on paper." My first show caused quite a stir in his gallery. Over the years I have continued to paint large flower paintings and many landscapes especially in my beloved New Mexico. I never paint people; landscapes are what I love. My favorite medium is water color and oil paint. I love to spend long hours working out in nature, and becoming one with my paintings.

No comments:

Post a Comment